Ah, fall, that wonderful time of year when the kids go back to school and the temperature drops enough that you actually want to turn on the oven. And while your kids will be thrilled to come home to just about any cookie, homemade peanut butter kiss cookies will knock their socks off! This is a favorite from my childhood that we made so many times I had the recipe memorized by the time I was ten.
Let the cookies cool on the sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Peanut Butter Kisses
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 2/3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- generous pinch salt
- chocolate kisses
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Mix together flour, baking soda, and salt- set aside.
- Cream together the butter and peanut butter, then add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well to combine.
- Add flour mixture, in thirds, and beat until just combined.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and roll balls in white sugar to coat.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet an bake for about 8 minutes- until the edges are set and the cookie is almost done. Remove pan from oven and top each cookie with a chocolate kiss. Return to oven for one minute.
- Let the cookies cool on the sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.